Agile Lab is a company founded in 2014 with the mission to create value for its customers in data-intensive environments through customisable solutions that establish performance-driven processes, sustainable architectures and automated platforms based on data governance best practices.
Having delivered over 100 successful Elite Data Engineering initiatives, we have used this experience to create Witboost: a modular, technology-agnostic platform that enables modern organisations to discover, value and produce their data in both traditional environments and fully compliant Data Mesh architectures.
With a highly skilled team of over 130 data engineers based in Europe, Agile Lab helps organisations with their data-driven transformation.
Take a look at our handbook to discover our core values and processes.
We are looking to hire a talented Staff Engineer to develop and manage our Big Data solutions. In this role, you will be required to design and implement Big Data tools and frameworks, data-intensive applications, and cloud platforms.
To ensure success as a Big Data Engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of distributed computing technologies and top problem-solving skills.
Salary: 62.5K - 72.5K + up to 8K bonus
- Analyzes, designs, and implements complex systems
- Challenges the team processes, looking for ways to improve
- Mentors junior engineers via pairing, design, and code review
- Builds software solutions by adhering to our quality standards about SDLC
- Makes active efforts to stay up-to-date with technologies
- Leads the technical design of complex systems
- Understands and optimizes system performances
- Takes the initiative to fix issues before they become a problem
- Delivers complex systems, well-baked, and almost bug-free
- Proactively Identifies problems with requirements and project plan
- Go to expert in one technological area
- Research and propose new technologies
- Detect possible performance bottlenecks
- Known for drama-free launches
- Can jump into an old project and fix it
- Consistently influence technical and business roadmap of services/products/projects
- Proactively identify and tackle tech debt
- Communicate with self-awareness
- When is proposing something, at any level, is doing it in written form and providing the propoer context
- Contributes to the career development of others
- Sought out for technical guidance and seen as a resource by others
- A record of creating sweeping improvements in stability, performance, and scalability across major business-critical systems
- Able to discuss at the same level with tech-vendor engineering teams
- Capable of debugging the hairiest problems that the team encounters
- Jumps into most of problems ( tech & biz ) and resolves them
- Remove roadblocks for multiple projects/products
- Able to act with full autonomy based on a strategy and not on a work plan
- Has made a huge positive impact on the entire company's technical/business trajectory.
- Identifies improvement tech areas for the organization
- Care about the efficiency of the company, introducing new practices , processes and standards
- Listens and guides debates to help reach a consensus; once a decision is made, clearly communicates and backs that decision.
- Sets short to medium-term strategic technical or operative direction, able to look ahead 6-12 months and identify the areas of greatest need and create plans to improve them.
- Clearly communicates its technical vision and help teams and stakeholders to follow it
- Proactively identifies lacks of clarity in the overall strategy and communicates them properly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 7+ years of experience in the field
- In-depth knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, and similar frameworks
- In-depth knowledge of programming languages including Java and Scala
- Expert in cloud-native technologies, IaC, and Docker tools
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Business and functional understanding
- Team Player
- Ability to solve complex networking, data, and software issues
- Leadership capabilities
Full Remote or hybrid working in our offices: Milan, Turin, Padua, Bologna, Catania and Rende;
Real work life balance;
Training monthly budget (time and money);
A structured career path with clear expectations and salary for each level;
Support of a buddy, as a guide in choosing the most suitable experiences for your ambitions;
Benefits and corporate welfare programs: company prizes and welcome pack with all the equipment you need to work;
Smart Working Plus experience: opportunity to work for 2 weeks abroad
Referral bonus, if you bring people as talented as you;
The opportunity to attend one conference per year;
Inclusive environment where you can be who you really are;
Stimulating environment oriented to growth, both professional and personal.
How we work:
We don't like hierarchies: we work as a team;
We don't like bureaucracies, we prefer sense of responsibility;
We like data, certainly, so anything that is measurable;
We want to make a positive change in our industry;
Empathy, humility, collaboration, and willingness to challenge ourselves are the basis of our work.
Invia la tua candidatura
Candidatura effettuata correttamente
- Ci sono errori nella tua candidatura